- Blood Bowl Teams
- Step By Step: Painting a Predator
- Using the 'Shaded Basecoat' Technique to paint Saurus warriors
- Step By Step armor for Tomb Kings Horsemen
- Step by Step painting of a Gamezone Cold One
- Painting a marble and tile flying base
- How I photograph my miniatures: A window into my photo booth
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Gearing up for terrain week...landscaping for Dark Age Skarrd
Well, I guess it is not really terrain week, but there will still be a lot of pink foam, glue, rocks, and flock all over the place! In other words, it's gonna get messy. I am going to start making my army board for the Lord of the Rings tournament, and we will be making a terrain board for the Dragon Shoppe!
Here is a quick terrain piece I made for Dark Age years ago. It is a small reminder of what's coming! :-)
This piece was made to photograph various Skarrd units. In this case, some Harpies.
Here's a little marker that I created for some added effect.
This had to be generic enough to allow for smaller or larger units, but big enough that you would not have to do any extension of the terrain in photoshop in wide angle views.
Here's a view of the whole terrain piece.
Some work in progress, showing some of the materials. The standing stones were made with sculpey. We took actual rocks and pressed them into the unbaked clay. Cathy discovered that simple but amazing technique!!!
Gluing down all the chunks, the rocks and the stones.